This looks ugly, but trust me, it's absolutely delicious. It's one of my favorite pre-workout snacks (I know, I have a ton of granola bars, but sometimes I don't feel like having one of those). This is about a serving of Peanut Butter Puffins, together with a tablespoon or so of granola and 1/2 cup applesauce. It gives me carbs and sugar in a hurry.
That's the vegan cornbread I made a few weeks ago. There's still some left, so I froze it and enjoyed some last week with three eggs over medium and a few roasted brussels sprouts. After I took this picture I covered the eggs with peach salsa and the brussels sprouts with ketchup.
And this is what I've been having for breakfast every. Single. Day. Oat bran, 1/2 apple or pear, granola, raisins, Skippy's Natural Peanut Butter, and jam (or caramel apple butter, in this case). Absolutely amazing and filling!
And I was quite proud of myself for this one...this spaghetti squash was about the size of my upper body. I heated it through in the microwave and very slowly (and very carefully) sliced it open. I then roasted it for about 40 minutes, then scraped out the 'noodles' and made a vegan cream sauce with mushrooms and broccoli. I found the recipe via The Front Burner. Absolutely delicious.
It's kind of gross, what I did with this sandwich. On one slice: Pumpkin Butter and peanut butter. On the other side? Pumpkin Cream Cheese from TJ's. Yeah. It was absolutely delicious, though I did seriously crave broccoli afterwards. Or a shot of insulin.
And another go at the spaghetti squash, this time with asparagus, broccoli, spicy fra diavolo sauce and I believe tofu.
Using up the rest of the tofu...I roasted a cup of butternut squash, red onion, brussels sprouts, and the tofu in the oven for about 30 minutes, then added some chopped dried figs on a bed of romaine and spinach. A great, filling salad.
This was pretty incredible. Fig and turkey and arugula on a tortilla with canned pumpkin and goat cheese. I know, it sounds disgusting. DON'T BE AFRAID.
Other than that? Lots of oatmeal. And broccoli. And fruit. And pineapple quince.
Now off to get a workout in, and off to work!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment