I've been on Blogger for five years. In that time, this blog has gone from being titled Life In the Postseason/Life Beyond the Postseason (which is still a damn good title, if slightly shortsighted), The Culture Barista (I was in my hipster phase) and now, finally, The Curious Ally Cat. Which is probably the best descriptor of me that this blog has had so far. But Blogger and the .blogspot at the end of my name has always remained. Blogger has an easy interface, it was simple as hell to set my blog up, and it was a great outlet to express the Feelings-Quake I've had over the past few years as I've bounced from a wannabe actress, to a lost girl, to a somewhat scholar, to an actual academic. Blogger was here as I bemoaned my singledom and watched as I managed to (I don't really talk blog to the boyfriend, but he knows when I'm working on something for it because "You get this face like you're mad at me, but I know you're just concentrating." I have Bitchy Concentration Face.) I've become an aunt twice over. I've received an MA, and am currently (STILL) working towards getting into a PhD program. If I don't get in this time, I'm going to just crawl into a hole with a pile of books and read myself to death.
But through it all, Blogger has been there.
But there's also some issues I have with the Blogger interface. It won't let me customize without a ton of CSS that I really have no time to be messing with. I created it with my old hotmail email, so it causes some confusion when I try to log in directly with my new account. And a lot of people have told me that they haven't been able to comment on my blog. That makes me bananas, because if anything I want this space to be a starter for conversation and not just the place I barf words onto a few times a week.
Which is why I've made the somewhat difficult decision to change servers and take my talents to Wordpress. I've also decided to buy a domain name!
Starting on Monday, thecuriousallycat.com (I'M GONNA HAVE A DOT COM) goes live, and this site will go the way of the dodo. That will give you all enough time to go over and subscribe to the new place, and I won't be leaving there for a good long while. Plus, I'm going to be introducing a bunch of new columns on the blog that I won't be announcing until Monday.
GET EXCITED, IT'S ALL HAPPENING SO FAST. ALL THE FEELS.
Blogger, you were good to. But the big leagues are calling and I must heed the siren.
ally
No comments:
Post a Comment